The Coves at River Garden provides elegant, retirement living for active seniors.
The Coves at River Garden is an independent living retirement community for seniors age 62 and older. At The Coves you will find 80 one- and two-bedroom garden apartment homes, fine dining and clubhouse living. Nestled on the sprawling 40-acre River Garden campus, members of The Coves enjoy a lovely environment that offers comfort, security and maintenance-free living. With access to superior amenities and services, you will enjoy the lifestyle you deserve at a price you can afford.
Life at The Coves includes:
- No Buy-In, No Entrance Fee, No Community Fee
- Elegant Dining
- All utilities included (except telephone)
- Full concierge services
- Free basic cable and wireless internet throughout the community
- Weekly housekeeping
- Scheduled transportation
- All appliances including refrigerator and ice maker, self cleaning oven, dishwasher and disposal, and washer and dryer in each unit
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Gated Community/24-hour security
- Emergency alert system, smoke detectors and sprinklers
- Enclosed heated pool
- Newly-refurbished fitness center and on-site wellness coordinator
- All ground level residences with private patios
- Courtesy visitors’ accommodations
- Closed circuit television station for broadcasting daily activities, events and items of special interest.
- Priority access to the award-winning River Garden system of services
- Primary medical care and therapy services available on campus
- Hair salon on campus
- River Garden Baker Deli/Cafe, open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner
- River Garden Parker Chapel
- River Garden Activity Center
- Volunteer opportunities on campus
The Coves offers a variety of activities including:
- Full Schedule of Daily Activities
- Planned outings to community events such as musical concerts, restaurants and shopping
- Lifetime Learning – Adult education program with a revolving schedule of courses such as painting class, book review, yoga, and other areas of interest
- Aquarobics in Heated Indoor Pool
- Fishing in Lake Lea
- Variety of scheduled Exercise Programs
- Social Events
- Putting Green
- Computer classes
Click the thumbnails for larger view
You choose from four distinctive apartment home floor plans:
- Monticello: 1 Bedroom (816 SF) – $3350*
- Campobello: 1 Bedroom Deluxe (867 SF) – $3450*
- Hermitage: 2 Bedroom (1082 SF) – $3800*
- Mt. Vernon: 2 Bedroom Deluxe (1261 SF) – $4300*
*Monthly rentals include all services and utilities including telephone! Add a nominal $500 for an additional person.
The Coves: FAQ
Independent Living at River Garden
Frequently Asked Questions
Q Are there extra fees when you move into The Coves?
A There are no entrance fees, no community fees and no “buy-in” when you live at The Coves. On the day you sign your lease, you will be asked for your first month’s rent, the last month’s rent and a security deposit, similar to most apartment complexes.
Q What is the minimum age to live at The Coves?
A The minimum age to live at The Coves is 62.
Q What is the maximum age to live at The Coves?
A There is no maximum age, but you must be able to live “independently” without assistance when you move in. All potential members meet with The Coves Administrator and the Director of Home Health Care to evaluate the level of independence.
Q What does “Independent Living” mean?
A Independent Living means that you are able to live on your own and perform the basic tasks of daily living without the assistance of another. The Coves was founded with the idea in mind that its members would move in while independent and then age in place within their apartments. As a member ages in the apartment, aides may be hired to help the member remain at home and reduce the need to move to a facility that offers higher assistance. The Coves does allow the use of canes, walkers and motorized scooters and aides may be hired as needed as the member ages in the apartment.
Q What happens if a member falls or needs medical assistance?
A Each apartment home is set up with an Emergency Response Call Box, and Coves members are given a pendant that corresponds with that call box. In the event of an emergency, the member need only to press the button on either the pendant or the call box to request assistance.
Q Do you have a nurse on staff?
A The Coves is an independent living facility, and we do not have nurses on staff, nor do we have a nurse available for emergency or on-call situations. However, since The Coves is part of River Garden Senior Services, Coves members have priority access to our Home Health Care Agency, which provides both Medicare skilled and private duty services with nurses and at-home aides on a scheduled basis. Coves members who choose to utilize River Garden’s Home Health Care agency do have 24-hour access to the Home Health nurse on call.
Q Are meals provided at The Coves?
A The Coves provides one meal per day. On Sunday through Friday, The Coves dining room serves dinner and on Saturdays they serve lunch.
Q Does The Coves provide any assistance with special diets?
A The Coves is an independent living facility and does not provide any special assistance with individual diet restrictions.
Q Are pets allowed?
A Small, manageable, well-behaved dogs and cats are allowed. There is a $250 pet deposit required.
Q Is smoking allowed?
A The entire 40-acre River Garden campus is tobacco free and smoking is not allowed.
Q Am I allowed to give gifts or tips to the staff at The Coves?
A River Garden Senior Services has a very strict and campus-wide policy regarding gifting to staff. It is simply prohibited. Please feel free to make a contribution to River Garden through the River Garden Foundation Staff Appreciation Fund in honor of staff members and we will make certain the staff member is aware of your thoughtfulness.
Q Can I make a donation to The Coves?
A All donations can be made to River Garden by mail to River Garden, 11401 Old St. Augustine Road, Jacksonville 32258 or by clicking here to make a donation.
For further information, call (904) 292-COVE (2683)